Thu, Dec 14|
100 Innovation Drive | UofM Smartpark
Industry Round Table
MCCA members unite annually to discuss topics and trends that shape the MB customer contact industry.
Time & Location
Dec 14, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
100 Innovation Drive | UofM Smartpark, 100 Innovation Dr, Winnipeg, MB R3T 6A8, Canada
About the Event
Industry Round Table (IRT)
Join us for a morning of food and discussion on Industry specific trends and topics.
Members - complimentary
Future members - $99.00
Afternoon lunch to be served.
What is a Industry roundtable?
A roundtable is less formal, often starting with a few short presentations from industry experts to kick things off and provide direction. Both are led by a facilitator or moderator, with roundtable attendees invited to join the discussions and contribute to the outcomes.
MCCA members unite annually to discuss topics and trends that shape the MB customer contact industry. Board members facilitate group discussions while designated note takers capture the main idea of the discussions for future use.
What we will do -
- Welcome Messages
- Guest Speaker presentation - Sheri Coburn
- Group discussion topics - Attendees will be divided into small working groups to discuss successes and challenges in their respective workplaces.
- Presentation of discussion topics and ideas
- Q & A
Guest Speaker - Sheri Coburn
Sheri is a master’s level clinical therapist who holds a Master of Social Work Degree from Dalhousie University and is a contributing author of two published books: Counselling Insights & Counselling in Relationships. With almost 2 decades of experience, Sheri has an exceptional understanding and skill set in the areas of improving mental and workplace wellness. Her expertise is recognized both nationally and internationally in her role as a workshop developer and professional trainer in the areas of Mental Health & Leadership where she has provided inspirational keynotes, educational workshops, and professional certifications to thousands of professionals across the globe. Her detailed understanding of human behavior and relationships gives her a unique understanding of leadership both through the lens of the leader and through the lens of the team and its members and the insights necessary to improve resiliency and engagement in a workplace setting.
Keynote: SANE & SATISFIED!
Tools for Improving Mental Health, Resiliency and Engagement in the Workplace
With humour and practicality Sheri will explore the impacts of the DRASTIC & UNEXPECTED changes that have swept through our lives and work environments since March of 2020. She invites you to “put your Humpty Dumpty back together, “reconnect to your why” and (re)claim your place in the here and now. The hour will be spent identifying the core elements of Mental Health & Wellness, explaining the importance of developing a personalized Regulation Recipe, and setting you forward on a goal towards embracing Meaningful, Manageable & Tolerable as a personal and professional benchmark
2023 Discussion Topics:
- Mental Health and Resiliency in the Workplace
- Employee Engagement (Hybrid and Remote)
- Online Training
- Retaining Talent
- AI - in the contact centre workplace
2023 Discussion Questions (draft):
- How can we advance the Contact Centre Industry in MB?
- How has customer service changed in the past 5 years? What do you predict will happen in the next 5 to 10 years?
- What is the biggest challenge in the Industry at the moment?
- What are the most critical changes that we must make to face the future effectively?
- What effect has AI made on the Industry?
- What is the most interesting trend for 2023?, 2024?
- What is the number one way we can make a substantial difference?
- What are some of the ways people from our Industry are making a difference?
- What are common misconceptions people have about the Industry? How can we combat these misconceptions and communicate more effectively?
- What is one piece of practical advice you would give to someone starting out?
December 14, 2023
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
100 Innovation Drive | University of Manitoba Smartpark | R3T 6A8
More information to be released Fall of 2023. For general inquiries contact email@example.com.
Register at https://www.gifttool.com/registrar/ShowEventDetails?ID=1424&EID=31371.
MCCA members unite annually to discuss topics and trends that shape the MB customer contact industry. MCCA staff presents a review of the association’s background, as well as new projects and events developed in response to the previous year’s roundtable. Board members facilitate group discussions while designated note takers capture the main idea of the discussions for future use.